Friday, September 10, 2010

Twas the day before my first Cross Country meet and all through the dorm...

I went on my run in the morning when it wasn't too warm.


I could continue on with my rhyme but that will take too much time and I must begin packing and studying before we head out this evening. However after a week of nightmares about various things pertaining to this race: I am here getting ready to run with my friends on the team. In a lot of ways this is something I have put a lot of time into and it's crazy to see it come into fruition.

As I have worried so much about coming in last and my constant anxiety of being the worst, I have found some truth from the encouragement of those around me... Some valid points were made when I realized that I had to be in a wheelchair less than a year ago and I had to learn how to walk again. I need to remember how awesome and blessed I am to even be running. I think lately I have been forgetting the blessing I do have and I have been so consumed with my comparison to how I could be going so much faster.

I enjoy the satisfaction of delayed gratification and I have been able to come quite familiar with it over the years... It's just crazy to think as I look at my "Bucket List" I am noticing more and more check marks dispersed. Things I never thought I would ever get the opportunity to do again coming around... SO COOL!! Anyways, as I try to remember that it's not about how well I do but the reflection of Christ through me- in some ways it makes it worth it.

It's in God's hands now and I gotta stop talking so negative!! So from here on out, I don't suck! I am going to do great.

No comments: