Sunday, March 18, 2012

From wheelchair to marathon...

One thing that I was thinking about tonight is how far I have come.

As I have gone quite literally from wheelchair to preparing for marathon training.

As I have been editing my book... One thing it has brought me a realization of is just exactly how far I have come... This was quite literally my life. Days on end in the hospital grasping any hope that we could for the future.

Sometimes I look back to that and I can't even fathom it. I know I have come so far. I am so very blessed! Now as I begin to train for the half marathon first, and marathon before I graduate college... I can't imagine being trapped into a wheelchair. However, I get so mad that I am not better at running or that I didn't run sooner.

In a world that is constantly striving to the be the best, the fastest, the smartest... I have come to realize: it doesn't matter. At least I can run. I forget how far I have come. And that alone shows that my life is full of blessing.

I love my God more today, than yesterday...His covenant to His people is everlasting, and for this: I am so very thankful.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9





2 comments:

Jill said...

Victoria, I remember when you would come out of the hospital and come to school. And you fought and worked so hard to get away from that walker. And to see you now, running?! That's an amazing God-thing!! :)

Kelly Palmer said...

Vic, it's so amazing to know how well you're doing. I can't even find words. It's been so long since we've talked. I still remember those days texting you while I was in school and you were in the hospital; I was so worried about you and just wanted you to be okay. To hear you're running again (something you weren't sure you'd be able to do again) is fantastic :)