Thursday, February 26, 2009
I went to school today and I am sewing an apron in sewing class right now. It's pretty awesome! Photos to come. :)
I am going to be very busy this weekend doing awesome things with awesome people and spending time with women of God. I am so entirely excited!! Our youth group is taking our girl's on this event. I am psyched!
Then I will be spending Saturday night with my cousin's fiancee and my cousin.
Your homework? Ask me questions!! See my post here about my Q&A session I am doing. I couldn't have possibly blogged about everything!! Well, I do blog about close to it.
Have a fantastic weekend lovelys. Full of worship, happiness, and joy!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
I will be accepting any questions from now till March 1st then I will be posting the Answers March 2nd. Please feel free to add anything. I will try to answer all of the questions to the best of my ability!
Enjoy and ask away! :)
Friday, February 20, 2009
To some they're a collectors item just as a special coin or a t-shirt they travel with them from place to place getting un-packed and packed as they move from house to house.
Others they are symbolically for drinking and they think of the amount of liquid they can consume in short periods of time.
Do I live my life through a shot glass? The moments spent with them are quick but for some the re-occurring to want to spend more time with this given shot glass are longer and longer. The shot glass soon isn't adequate for the person and isn't large enough to give them enough. I think this applies in a lot of senses I think we tend to be shot glass people. We're short in our actions and we have no intention- we could say a harsh blow or be a thick liquid before you know it they're gone but the lasting effects of what we let fill us lasts for awhile. Sometimes forever.
A shot glass to me is a symbol of Apple Cider Vinegar that I have to drink in order to keep my liver in check. The sting of the drink is horrible and it really is gross but the effect of that can help me potentially, forever. The other day I was taking my swig of Apple Cider Vinegar when I thought of how for some that little shot glass wasn't enough. If you were in the desert, and it was the only cup of water it would feel like so much. Yet, if it were filled with pennies, it might be invaluable. If the shot glass were filled with a high proof of alcohol it might be potent, however if it were filled with air it would be nothing. If the glass was made of gold it would be seen as more valuable than the glass made of plastic. Shot glasses are really not that large but when filled with the right item, or made of something special- they become so much more.
I don't know why but sometimes I wonder if I fill my life with the right things 100% of the time or if I am just another shot-glass to dust and put on the shelf.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
This lady seems pretty amazing and the whole site has an awesome feel. I am impressed and she's giving away some pretty sweet prizes to sweeten the awesome blog she is starting. For kids with disabilities!
I also have been thinking. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a shot glass? I want to hear from you! :) Let me know.
Monday, February 16, 2009
How are you spending your break? I hope I haven't lost faithful readers due to my lack of updates. Things seem to be silent lately. Literally. I hope you're all doing well and keeping busy. Also, I am looking to find a job or some sort of income and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I could make money! With being sick, the options seem to be limited!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
My posts have been limited because despite being busy, I have also been having a hard time. There have been transitions to be made doctors appointments to make and family to tend with. It has been quite the week and it just seems like things pass so quickly. My heart breaks with the days that pass and the tears that have fallen. I am praying for a renewed peace and relaxation going into this week. I haven't felt my self the last few weeks here and it hasn't been any fun at all! So hopefully chipper happy posts come in the near future.
However, this is a song of my heart as of late. So- listen to it- hear it, comment about it. Do what you have to!
Have a great week!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
This is to that girl...
The girl who was pretty enough to take away the guy she fell for.
The girl who was crazy enough to take a guy who was dating seriously for a long time before.
The girl who made plans way before anyone else to insure she would have a date.
The girl who broke someone else's heart for her own gratification.
The girl who was prettier, smarter, had more wit, and poise, than the other girl.
The girl who was crazier, funnier and had more beauty than her.
Yes, this is to the girl who always seems to sneak her way into a situation any situation at all and go along until it's ruined.
So many things have been going on in my life lately and tonight I am having real teen problems. It feels nice to know what it's like to feel like a teenager and feel that ache and sadness but at the same time it feels horrible, that I am dealing with it. So I am glad that I get to experience the crappy part of teenage life as well. That girl is lucky, she gets all of my dreams.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
- God is top priority in my life and my drive is given a lot by the force of my faith. I love God with all of my heart and I can't see it any other way. My faith has gotten a lot stronger over the past few years and I have gotten so I can't stand missing church.
- In most of my childhood photos I am dressed up as something either dressing to look like a certain era, or just dressed up and being a ham. I have lots of photos from when I am younger and in all of them I am doing something abnormal. I kind of wonder if I have any that I just smile normal in.
- I absolutely hate starting a new doctor. I hate going there and I hate having them not know anything about me. It stresses me out because I always feel like I am forgetting something.
- Turing 18 is the first age I have felt stressed about turning. I don't want to be 18 for a number of reasons but one being that I won't be a real kid anymore and the bank already sent me a letter saying I was eligible for a new type of bank account.
- I used to be obsessed with keeping my room clean now, I lack motivation to clean my room...
- Painting is my biggest relaxation technique and it calms me down. I haven't found anything else I enjoy doing more- however writing is a close second.
- I absolutely hate crumbs in my bed and will do anything to avoid them even if it means demanding foot washing or changing my sheets at midnight. I need things to be in order.
- Traveling is an awesome thing to do, as long as you're not going to doctors appointments. I hate doctors appointment traveling however I have been out of the country twice to Taiwan and Ireland and I loved it. I hope to go back to Europe again some day. It was beautiful. Taiwan however, not so much but who knows what the future holds.
- I like order and schedule. I would rather have mapped out days and such than a bunch of chaos. I like to know what I am doing in a week advance if it's possible, although many plans don't stick or they fall through last minute.
- Watching the snow fall is one of my favorite activities and I would do it all day if I could, color and watch the snow fall. It's a silent act that's really mesmerizing, thus why I am worried about driving in winter weather.
- When I was younger I used to tell everyone I was going to be a baby doctor. I loved babies and I still do. I find small children to be an amazing thing since we all start as a single cell. The complexity of our minds and everything baffles me. Now at least 14 years later, I am still considering the medical field and I love people.
- Now I see the brain as one of the most interesting things in the body. I can't see it as anything other than something I wonder if we will ever fully understand.
- One of my biggest motivators is my grandmother she was a wonderful woman and I can't imagine what life would be like if I had never met her. She always made me think I could do anything I put my mind to and put a lot of faith in me. She even used to let me cook and peel potatoes and do anything I could to help in the kitchen even if it meant taking a little longer to teach me and watching me cut my finger and learn things the hard way. She never was too busy. I hope if anything I can take the compassion and her love for God, and people and her pace back to my own life.
- I live for the moments I can step out of my comfort zone and overcome something or make myself a better person from an experience. Even just speaking up when I am nervous. However, I think there is a limit that should be put to these moments or else it becomes even more stressful.
- I really am amazed by God and the way he works in people. I think that is awesome and I always am interested to see what his plan is next. I don't agree with his plan 100% of the time and if I was God sometimes I think I would never want anyone to die... However I feel that some of my biggest spiritual growth was when I was hanging on by a thread. Plain and simple God to me is the best thing that ever happened to me and I am in love with him.
- My favorite years of my life were the years spent in elementary school. I loved the wonder I had then and I try to tune back in with that wonder from time to time. I love simple things and I can sit for hours enjoying little things rather than big complex things.
- I am really reliant on my computer and all of the data it stores. I am concerned about how much I use my computer and I kind of hope that I can start to work away from that by the time I turn 19. Hopefully this will be something I fixed over the course of a year. I don't want to adjust to my reliance of the computer though.
- I dislike people who find it their job to be negative. I am all about cheering people up, however I also believe that you have a time that you can be negative but I don't like it if you think it's okay to stay that way for a long time. It really bothers me and I will do anything in my power to let you know I still care about you. I really do love people and I will do my best to give you my undivided attention. If you don't feel like I am giving it to you, you can call me- if I am distracted then, then you know something is wrong with me. I don't usually pick my phone up unless I am ready to talk.
Bonus- One year as a birthday gift.. My twin cousins were born on my birthday. Although at the time I wasn't sure if I was completely thrilled about sharing the date, I absolutely love sharing my birthday with them now. These two little girls are splendid and I love their zest for life and their sweet personalities. Below is a photo of them and their older sister and I the day of my testimony.
Today is my 18th year of life. I am thankful for this year and I am so thankful for the 17th year where I learned a lot about myself. I feel like every year I grow older I am a little more in tune with myself. I am so glad that I have been able to get into my skin and wear out my body a little more this year and I am thankful for everyone in my life. As a birthday present to me- lurkers de-lurk. If you are a reader who has come for awhile and you don't comment, comment. I would love to hear from you! Dad, this means you. :) So to all of the February 4th birthday's Happy Birthday!
Now just for fun because I thought it would be here is my year in review in words- Things that only happen once and happened while I was 17.
Sister moved out and then moved to her own apartment- First steady boyfriend- First surf competition- First time I swam from our cottage to elephant rock, not only facing my fears of seaweed and dark water but also swimming a great amount still being sick and never doing it before- First kiss- First annual Lyme Walk was started by Sarah and I- First time I ever had a problem with chloraprep- First surgery- First time going to camp since I got sick- First small group setting this summer, loved it so much I have a deep passion for making it to my small group at church because I love the setting and the people we have in it.- First time sharing my testimony to others and finding out how much others could care about me. It was an awesome experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world.- First youth pastor I really connected with moved away- Got accepted to my first college- Tackled my fear of public speaking and never looked back.- Found that with God, anything is possible and have learned to pray about everything, still working on the worry about nothing part.- Met one of my cousins who is 30 something for the first time and learned a lot about fishing. I think it's in our blood- Submitted my art and writing to the first contests ever and earned honorable mention on my art, still haven't heard anything about my writing.- Went to my first and maybe only prom I will ever go to- Met my first band in person.- Found my true passion for people and started a lot of things like a Lyme Christmas program and now we're starting a local 501(c)3 program that will be non-profit and can raise money for local activities.
That is my year of firsts and only moments. I am sure there are many more. Celebrate with me, I would love to share cake with you and your family. Go ahead make a cake in honor of the day I turn 18 and share some sugary delight with me! Festivities begin this weekend with a little party this weekend, nothing big just something. (note- if you share cake make sure you let me know so I can see a picture!)