Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finally Fit

This past year I have felt off so to speak... It has been hard for me to connect with others and I have really felt as though I didn't have any friends. From the outside people might have looked at me and said I had many friends, however, the true friends that result in self disclosure... It felt like there were none.

I prayed that God would send someone, send anyone to be my friend. Well, this past weekend I went to Spring Formal... And it finally felt like I fit. I went as a group date with a bunch of girls and we just went to have fun. At first it was a little awkward and we didn't know how it would turn out... However, once the dancing got started. I danced for four hours straight! We barely ever stopped. It was so awesome! My friend Lauren really made me feel like I belonged.

From running together just about every day and just hanging out... I have finally found a friend. It might sound totally ridiculous but this was the first time in awhile that I just had fun and felt like I belonged. It was awesome!

3 comments:

debi9kids said...

This is just awesome to read Vic! I am so glad you feel like you belong and are finding friends who make you feel so comfortable.
Good for you!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

I've been in those slumps in my life before where it just didn't seem like I 'belonged' anywhere. Tough place to be! Glad God is bringing people into your life to fill that void!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I'm so glad for you!! That is wonderful.