Thursday, February 3, 2011

The only good thing...

My birthday is quickly approaching. It's less than twenty-four hours away.

And I wanted to share something super cool that I learned a few nights ago. While I was reading, I found out that I share a birthday with this man:
Now you might look at this photo and go: I am sorry, who? That looks like an old photo of my great uncle- Bob! Sorry, it's not! It's actually Dietrich Bonhoeffer. How cool is that? This man is someone that I have really found totally influential and incredible. He took the level of Christianity and being a martyr to a real level. I was so blown away to see he and I shared a birthday. You can read more about him here. I don't usually support Wikipedia but I thought it would give a ncie summary of his life. He's an incredible writer and one of his well known works is: The Cost of Discipleship. You should definately check him out.

After reading that I decided that Februrary 4th is a pretty great day to be born.

I share my birthday with other incredible people such as: Rosa Parks (known for not moving to the back of the bus during a period of segregation) , Clyde W. Tombaugh (discovered Pluto as a planet. don't worry Clyde, Pluto will always be a planet in my book), Josiah Quincy (president of Harvard), Bug Hall (Alfalfa in Little Rascals remake), Betty Friedan (women's rights activist), Ray Evans (remember when I posted here with the song Que Sera Sera? Well, Ray Evans wrote that song! So cool.).

Those are just a few of the incredible and influential people that share a birthday with me... I have some pretty big shoes to fill!

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Happy birthday to you and Dietrich!