Saturday, September 5, 2009

Proverbs 3:3

"I shall be saying this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I- I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost "The Road Not Taken"

Everyone said that one day I would feel more liberated and more free to release and become my own person to finally become me. Getting to college has been a huge step for me and one that I have had a difficult time with. Abandoning a comfort zone to be one with God's will and finding his passion placed within my heart.

Tonight I found myself in a state of reflection and grace of God's forever mercy and love for our race, his image. Tonight, I wthe video I created tears poured from my eyes as I realized God truly, honestly has had his hand in my life from my infancy and his great plan is able to reflect as I am joyful and able to praise him in many ways.I just watched my first horror film with a group of kids from the campus and as I watched the film- I am not certain my heart was filled with a great amount of fear or a great amount of love, love from God- making me realize that I am truly blessed for what I have. I am so blessed that my family has not gone missing like so many others that may be able to say they can relate to that statement. Nor has anything been robbed of me to the extent that God cannot renew me in him. I have spent a lot of time reflecting the emotions and raw feelings that I feel and why I feel the way I do and one thing I always come back to especially is prayer.

Tonight, I found myself in a circle feeling left out, alone, and overwhelmed. I felt like for once my wounds were opened and in some places I was having salt poured over them but yet within the pain I felt the great amount of refreshment of having everything cleansed and released. I have met a wonderful group of people and God has truly blessed me with a campus that fits the image and situations that I have sincerely needed not only personally, but physically and spiritually. I have never felt so supported and uplifted as I have tonight. I can only bring thanks. I also am leaving with a video. A video of transition, just another ordinary miracle.

No comments: