Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh How he Loves us....

God is so faithful, and so incredibly GOOD!

God knows our every movement and he knows the deer of the field as well. I have found confidence in putting my faith into a God that is much bigger than I am. Sunday morning was one for the history books for sure... We hit a deer and it was my first real official car accident and it was the scariest thing I have ever experienced.

However, we were protected and though the car was greatly damaged, I know how bad it could have been and it was so incredibly scary... I found that I had a new comfort in the Lord when I praised in church this Sunday... I knew God had his hand on me and I knew without a doubt that he protected our car after hitting the deer we drove through one of the worst storms I have ever driven through. At times there was zero visibility and it was really black and green in the air. Even then, God was with us.

I guess this Sunday after all of the happenings, I was thankful to be alive, but even more than that I was thankful to know I serve a God much bigger than me. This week has been a battle for me and it seems like it comes from all sides and when I am least expecting it, God reminds me of his faithfulness and love. Sometimes it's in the quiet of the day, or in an infant's cry, and most of all it's in the every day things of life it seems. I have found that more and more it's like even in the "missed" opportunities, God is providing in other ways, and greater ways than I could even know.

To update even further on my life, I have started working at the local hospital and it's totally what I believe I am supposed to be doing right now. I had much reservation about this summer and my plans. I felt like everything was too much, I was bogged down it was too crazy and I couldn't do it. However, God has reminded me that I am right... I cannot do it. It's through Him that I am able. And for this I am forever grateful. It's encouraging for me to know that things are coming to an understanding that I believe I know... This summer I will be growing through the Chronicles of a Clinical Assistant. What there is to see and do on the forefront of the hospital lines, tackling apathy, anguish, and awe, on a daily basis. This is my mission that the Lord has given me and what shall I do? Just as the Lord requires of me to act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly before our God (revised from Micah 6:8). I am incredibly excited and I know that God is opening hearts and doors to experience His love.

No comments: