Friday, October 1, 2010

Decisions:

Every day we make decisions that mold us, and make us who we are.

Last year during finals week, I made the decision to take the plunge: change my major. Despite the encouragement of many to tough out nursing there was a small still voice within me that said it wasn't it. My passion was deeply rooted in listening, and spending time with others. I wanted to serve, and I just didn't feel like nursing was going to be the thing that fulfilled that longing. After a semester of discomfort and prayer... I took the plunge, I switched my major.

The honeymoon phase is over and I am totally immersed within my major. I spent this past week during what could be considered as our first trial if this was a relationship. I had three tests this week in my Social Work Classes and I was totally committed to studying my butt off for them. As I put in the time and effort of studying until early morning hours and rising early again, to see the sun rise alongside me...

I found that one thing remained true: we're both still committed. So each day I still enjoy waking up and going to class and listening to lecture after lecture about things that soon I will be able to set into motion. I have found, this is my passion. I am excited to see where God takes this, however, more than that: I am thankful for the peace this has brought me.

No comments: