Monday, October 11, 2010

A post from a friend...

Hi! Just a heads up: this is NOT Victoria. This is her friend, Michelle (aka Shorty).  Unfortunately, Victoria is in the hospital, so I'm being the blogger for the day.  This past Saturday, Victoria was in PA for another cross country race when she collapsed during the race, had a seizure, and was taken to the hospital. From what I've heard, she had several more seizures on the bus ride home and was taken to a hospital in Fredonia. What I really don't like is the fact that I wasn't there for her. Any other time, I would've been there...  I've NEVER missed a cross country meet... but instead, I was home sick with pneumonia. Gah.

Victoria was transferred from the hospital in Freudonia to a hospital in Buffalo, which is where she is now. She is VERY discouraged and can use any bit of encouragement you can give her!  We've been texting back and forth all day, and she says that there is a possible diagnosis of JME, which is a seizure disorder.  PLEASE be praying that the doctors will be able to correctly diagnose her and that she will be able to return home ASAP.  She's also asking for prayers for strength (physically, mentally, spiritually, etc...), accommodations to her limited diet (I'm a fellow food allergy friend, so I understand). She's also very nervous about the expenses, so be praying for that too.

For those of you who have absolutely no idea who I am; Victoria and I pretty much became friends through our illnesses.  We've both been sick for a VERY long time, and there are a lot of times when we feel like we're the only one's who have any sort of understanding of what the other person is going through.  We're going through different battles, but she is always there to encourage me when I'm sick/frustrated/depressed, send me nice notes, and even bring me to the ER when my body decides to be explosive.

So... yeah. Victoria, you're awesome. We're praying for you!

1 comment: