Friday, October 21, 2011

Lately I have been thinking...

Sometimes I don't think it's a good idea to think because it lands me into a world of trouble. I have wondered why we are such relational beings... There is a quote that says: "Tis better to have loved and lost / Than never to have loved at all."

Now, interestingly, I don't believe the guy who stated this meant in all scenarios this is truly the case. There are some sincerely unhealthy cases of love, where I question: was it better to have loved than to never have loved at all? I look at the bulldozer sized destruction those situations have caused in my life and I wonder: was it better?

For me, I would have to say no. I would have been better off with no love at all. My heart must be cold and calloused for I would go to the extreme and say I would rather have never opened my heart to it at all. Hm.

So my question today is: is it better to love, and lose or to be picky... And skeptical and maybe not love often, or nearly as much...

No comments: