Saturday, October 22, 2011

What is important?

If you have followed this blog since it's birth in 2007. Wow. That's right! I have been blogging for four years now. That's just crazy.

Anyways, you will know a bit of my story. You will know that I had some years that were fallen into a black hole called Lyme disease. And you also may remember nights without answers and days of ICU, and unanswered prayer.

Well, a few weeks ago I got caught up in trying to think about how important school is. I get the importance of school, don't get me wrong: I have worshipped the school gods and even found my time of excessive reading of textbooks to be quite interesting...

However, is there a fine line between being SO worldly minded that you are no heavenly good? I know I have heard the quote that you can be so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good. But what happens when we put this pursuit of good grades into the forefront: when we pursue it with all we have because we believe it's what God would have us do?

I guess to me, I have found my studying to be important, but I also find my friends to be more important. Yes, there are healthy boundaries... But is it better to have lost all friendships while you were in pursuit of your degree and then pick them all back up again? (when let's face it, you're going to be burnt out and picking up the pieces of a chaotic last 2-4 years.) Or is it better to schedule a little time to catch up and take a breather. I don't know. I have been thinking about this a lot lately though.

I constantly wonder where my priorities lie and what makes them sit where they do... I do agree we are a product in some senses, of our past... But eventually we have to make choices for our futures and decide what's best to invest in.

No comments: