Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Running

Running for me is therapy. I love the feeling of going out and pushing myself. I don't know why... I just do. I love to run. And well, a few weekends ago I got to watch a marathon in my hometown... What an awesome opportunity. Seriously if you ever get the opportunity: go watch a marathon.

After the marathon, I got to talk to a few different runners and I heard their stories... Running symbolizes something different for everyone. And that's what is incredible I think... But at the same time: we all have been given this gift and this drive, to go out and give it our best.

On one of my runs a few weeks ago, I saw a man that had lost his legs on my run... He was climbing into the back of his car and crawling through. I may not know what it's like to be missing legs, but I know the feeling of being confined to the wheelchair. The constant struggle and battle.

This reminded me what a blessing it is that I am able to run today. I am so thankful for my work-out's and getting up each day to run. This weekend I will be racing for our local Christian radio station Family Life Network, this radio station has been such a blessing to me.. I am so happy I get to represent such a great cause this weekend and run with the blessing that God has given me.

No comments: