Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tough Decisions

As I sat on the bus for a fundraiser, we began watching a movie...

Not just any movie, a movie full of sexual innuendos and what most would call inappropriate for any kids. The question that popped into my mind as the president of this organization was: do we pull this movie from the TV? Do we just apologize for the inappropriate scenes and hope that no one was too offended?
What is our role as Christians to stand up and be different? In Romans it says: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2). Would this small moment be considered how we conformed to the typical social mores of society instead of putting off our old self? I don't know. But it definitely has made me think... How will people know that I am a Christian if I don't stand up for the things that present others pure to Christ?




No comments: