Saturday, January 28, 2012

The 21 Project Day #1

This is the beginning of the week of my 21st Birthday (my Birthday is February 4th!) I feel excited to be entering into my 21st year. You may be here because you got an e-mail about this. OR you may be here because you already follow my blog and you saw I posted! Either way, welcome.

For the next 21 days, yeah, I feel a little crazy doing this... But it should be fun! I am going to post a list of 21 things. These lists could range from things I like to do to photos I have taken and everything in between.... This was a challenge offered to me by a dear friend. It will be an adventure of 21 things as I enter into turning 21!! I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I have enjoyed putting them together! Come back every day!!

Today's post is 21 of my favorite quotes! I absolutely love quotes and love inspirational quotes. My journals are filled with them. I hope you will be inspired by these wonderful quotes! :)

1. "We will no longer make up excuses for powerlessness, because powerlessness is inexcusable" - Anonymous
2. "The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you find yourself." - Mark Caine

3. "We are all haunted with the fear of living lives of insignificance, and we all know that to play it safe is to lose the game. By definition an adventure is "an undertaking or enterprise of a hazardous nature." In other words, it comes at great cost. And life as God intends for you to live it is nothing less than an adventure. You were created for both pleasure and purpose. You might be thinking, I'm not sure if I really want to undertake an enterprise of a hazardous nature. Is a life of adventure really worth the risk? Is it really necessary? yes, you can choose to play it safe, you can choose to settle for less, but never forget this: you were born to live a great adventure; you were created with a divine destiny; you are called to fulfill a great mission. You were designed for a unique purpose. Now you are called to live it out." - Erwin Raphael McManus Chasing Daylight
4. "Authority can shape waht a person does, but influence shapes who a person becomes. Influence is born out of trust and finds its strength in the connection of heart and soul." - Erwin Raphael McManus Chasing Daylight
5. "Enthralled by your beauty. That means captivated, smitten, fascinated, spellbound, and delighted. That's exactly how the prince feels about the princess in fairy tales. But this sentiment is not fiction. Enthralled is how God in heaven feels about you. He is taken with you. Undistracted. Intensely interested. Emotionally connected. He enjoys your laughter and takes pleasure in the way you think. He is not bored with you, and He would never consider you ordinary. There is no way you will ever go unnoticed with God. You are beautiful to Him. Incredibly, breathtakingly beautiful. When a man feels this way about a woman, we say that he's in love." - Angela Thomas Do You Think I'm Beautiful?
6. "Sexy is when it feels good to be in your own skin. Your own body feels right, it feels comfortable. Sexy is when you love being you." - Rob Bell's wife Sex God
7. "I want first of all... to be at peace with myself. I want a singleness of eye, a purity of intention, a central core to my life that will enable me to carry out these obligations and activities as well as I can. I want, in fact- to borrow from the language

8. "Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do." - unknown
9. "We are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. It's like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea. You can't stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of people who are together on that ship." - Anne Lamott
10. "It is better to live one day as a lion than one hundred years as a sheep." - Benito Mussolini
11. "Since childhood the Lord has been my Shepherd and his goodness has never failed. Being one of his sheep is the best adventure of my life." -Luci Swindoll

12. "Feed your fears and your faith will starve. Feed your faith, and your fears will." - Max Lucado
13. "Nature is God's first missionary. Where there is no Bible there are sparkling stars. Where there are not preachers there are spring times... If a person has nothing but nature, then nature is enough to reveal something about God." - Max Lucado.
14. "It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered to us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." - C.S. Lewis

15. "[Biologists' investigation of DNA] has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce [life], that intelligence must have been involved." -Antony Flew, Former Atheist

16. "To be transformed, our job is to 'behold'- to continually contemplate- God's glory, focusing our spiritual gaze not primarily on things like Christian duties or our unworthiness, but on God's spectacularness." -Dwight Edwards
17. "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us."
18. "A saint is not someone who is good but who experiences the goodness of God." -Thomas Merton
19. “What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”
- A.A. Milne

20. “How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh”
- A.A. Milne

21. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

No comments: