Sunday, June 1, 2008

Your age gives you a title but your heart makes a story - Victoria Wilcox

Visible.
That's what the teens of Victory Highway youth group are.

They are heard clear understood and willing to help. I am amazed each and every day with how much they have helped me understand the world around me. I am encouraged by their spirits of kindness and their lives and love for others. Today I sold 36 Lyme disease awareness bracelets to 36 youth students. And we raised over $400.00 for the Lyme Walk! I am proud to say that I have a visible youth group who supports, loves, and shows their compassion and shines from the inside out.

We wouldn't be the youth we are without the people we have on our side and the encouragement we have received from our youth ministry staff and pastors and most of all our parents.

So way to go guys!

I just want to say a huge thank you to the two top contributors

Emily and Megan! Way to go girls! Thank you!

Tonight this youth group made my age fit with my heart and I felt like a teen. So it really means a lot to me to say Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Way to go Victory Youth!!
When we think the best has already happened, something else comes along and supercedes it!!
thanks so much to all that minister to Victoria in this heart felt way. You are all a testament of what having heart is all about!
See you at the Walk!