Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Who needs realistic?

James 1:2-4: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of any kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

An open coat with a scarf and newly fallen snow- closing the new year out with a bang! I don't need realistic, I don't need pain! I am free from everything that holds me down because I am choosing my mindset an hour early, I am going to be free this new year! No tethers no ties, no cords to hold me down. I will dance in the snow I will spin with all my might, laughing giggling and screaming out my lungs. My motto in the new year?

Lay it on the line- How I live today, is how I will be remembered.

This past year I went from not breathing on my own, bed bound, wheelchair bound, walking with assistance, a walker, a cane, walking, not being able to talk, whispering words that didn't make sense, whispering, talking, laughing again, thinking and smiling and now finally to:
Dancing and spinning in the snow!
Happy New Year everyone!

Here's to freedom of the past and a new beginning. Let your past hold it's name and let it be the past. Open your life to new beginnings and dance in the snow!
disclaimer- I do not go outside in very cold weather without bundling up often.

1 comment:

Jessica Seaward said...

i remember you showing me and steve this picture, I loved I so i thought I would leave a comment!!