Sunday, November 16, 2008

church

Today I am thankful for the freedom of religion. As I get ready dragging myself out of bed this morning to go to church. There is a video I watched one day that showed someone joking around and sneaking into a back pew late to church just getting his card swiped so he could get credit for college. Then you see another person in Asia who has to sneak with a bible in an empty cereal box. Sometimes I wonder if I really even realize what it's like for some and what they really go through. I take religion and my love for God for granted a lot today but in some countries even writing this they might hunt me down find me and take me to a prison or I don't even know. Due to my lack of knowledge. Does anyone know a little more about the religious prosecution in other countries?

Anyhow, I am thankful for this. I am thankful for our country and what we have. I speak a lot of church and how happy I am with it and I know this but that is because, frankly it's the only place I feel I can go and be myself. There are such warm hearted people there and people that care that I can't imagine finding hope in a better place. I can only hope that everyone has a place to go to like that this holiday season.

No comments: